The town of Canora, population about 2400, sits at the junction of highways No. 5 and 9 north of Yorkton in east-central Saskatchewan. Ca-No-Ra became a village in 1905, a town in 1910, and was named using the first two letters of Canadian Northern Railway.
Canora is a Ukrainian town so it's fitting that is has three outstanding Ukrainian churches, a Ukrainian Catholic church, and two Ukrainian Orthodox churches - the old 'heritage' church, and the new church for the same congregation. They are the primary feature of