After the nuns left this site, the convent cloister became a music school for boys in 1785. It was then a school of scared music for many years until scared music became obsolete after the major changes in the liturgy in Vatican II in the early 60s.|
The music school was associated with the church until it became a civil association in 1950. The association is composed of distinguished representatives of civil society of Morelia. The property was transferred permanently to the association & it became known as the Conservatorio de las Rosas.