has been a restaurant continuously since it was built in 1914. It was originally part of Kelowna's Chinatown & is one of the few remaining vestiges of Kelowna's Chinatown.|
In 1930 there were about 500 Chinese people in Kelowna, mostly male 'married bachelors who could not afford the large head tax required to bring in their wives and families. (More info here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobkh/3958849399/ )
By 1945, the Chinese population had dwindled & the building was taken over by various non-Chinese restaurant operators. It was recently renovated & along with the adjacent Courier Building is now part of The Keg Restaurant.