This church, which opened in 1976, was built on the site of the former Greek Community Hall. It is interesting to note that the Greeks in Regina first settled here in 1911 and many eventually established themselves in the restaurant and hotel industry. There was another large migration in the early 1950s, and at one point soon after, 37 hotels and cafés in Regina were owned by Greeks. It is also interesting to note that 75% of the immigration to Regina came from one area, the Arkadia area of Greece.
The Greek Community was